Apr 10 2015
A technique session in the single. It was 10km in total and I was running the Rowing in Motion app. Unfortunately, the first 30 minutes of recorded data were lost.
I was rowing 20spm alongside one of our juniors. In the first part of the session, the “stroke efficiency” showed numbers between 1.3 and 1.5. Pretty strange.
Even stranger was when I did a race start. I saw 1:00.0 as a pace … !!!
Then the clock hit 30:00.0 in the app and poof! The app crashed. So I stopped and restarted the app.
Suddenly I the pace numbers were much more stable, and the “stroke efficiency” numbers were 2.5 to 3.0. Weird.
When I tried to upload the data, the first half of the training was gone.
Anyway, see the images for the analysis of the part of the trainng that was recorded. The fast strokes was a race start. Apparently 5.02 m/s, which would correspond to a 1:39.6 pace … in headwind! Well, I did it for just 15 strokes.
The metrics are comparable to what I rowed at 18 to 22spm in November.Follow me in social media